Birthstone for October
Tourmaline is a newer birthstone for October. The gemstone got its name from the Sinhalese word tormalli which means “stone with mixed colors” – because Tourmaline often time has multiple colors in one gemstone. Tourmaline can be found in nearly all colors of the rainbow and is often confused with other gemstones. Tourmaline is most often found in Brazil but can also be found in many African countries and California and Maine.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to heat or sunlight.
- Clean with warm, soapy water and rinse.
- Clean with our McCoy Jewelers cleaner kit
- Dry with a soft, clean cloth.
- Avoid storing near other gemstone jewelry.
- Avoid rubbing on rough surfaces.
- Avoid wearing sapphire jewelry in situations where it may come into direct contact with harsh blows.
Price point: $$