Birthstone for December
Zircon is a gemstone found mainly in Sri Lanka and can be found in my different colors. However, the blue Zircon is the most commonly known color variety of the gemstone. Zircon is oftentimes heat treated to produce a richer blue or colorless variety. Zircon should be worn and cared for with caution and is one of the birthstones for December.
- Use soap and water to clean.
- Clean with our McCoy Jewelers cleaner kit.
- Always rinse off after cleaning and dry with a soft, clean cloth.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to heat or sunlight.
- Avoid wearing blue zircon jewelry in situations where it may come into direct contact with harsh blows.
- Avoid rubbing on rough surfaces.
- Store by itself to avoid contact with other jewelry or gemstones.
Price point: $$